The Manor on Golden Pond offers great Stay & Ski Package, where guests are greeted with a cup of hot cider or tea upon their arrival. The Stay & Ski package includes a ski bundle to Waterville Valley and relaxing massages followed by a candlelight gourmet dinner by the fireplace. The Inn at Pleasant Lake’s Two Night Winter Getaway is a romantic weekend away where guests can spend a cold winter night eating a five course meal served by Chef MacKenzie every Wednesday through Sunday evenings. Dexter’s Inn, Trails & Restaurant has partnered with Norsk to give the Weekday Winter Wonderland package for guests. This package offers free cross-country ski and snowshoeing trail passes if you stay on Sunday through Thursday night during the non-holiday period.
Here is a list of some highly anticipated events going on in January in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire:
- Aladdin by the Winnipesaukee Playhouse Professional Company will bring zany musical comedy complete with mysterious magic, sensational songs and dynamic dance to the area on January 2nd and 3rd. This is a show that will be fun for all ages!
- Murder Mystery Theater will be at the Franklin Opera House on Saturday, January 10th. This murder mystery will rely on willing audience members to help try to solve the murder mystery. The Franklin Opera House will also supply dessert and beverages.
- The King Pine Mountain Resort is hosting their Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge on January 10th in Madison, New Hampshire. The Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge is a free competition for riders where with the top times being invited to compete in the series finals.
- The Spirit of Johnny Cash will be presented at the Flying Monkey on January 10th by Harold Ford. His voice has a surprising resemblance to the Country Music Legend Johnny Cash that will leave you breathless.
- During January, The Squam Lakes Natural Science Center will be hosting their Wild Winter Walks, which is a guided snowshoe tour through the live animal exhibits every Saturday and Sunday. The tour will be led by the naturalist, who will discuss how the animals adapt to the winters in New Hampshire while you will get the chance to see the beautiful wild animals in their winter environments.
- Every Thursday evening the Corner House Inn will host Storytelling Dinners. These dinners start at 6:30pm and will include salad, entrée, glass of wine, dessert, and coffee.
- Bring the hills alive with the Sound of Music this January starting Wednesday, January 21st till Sunday January 25th as the Educational Theater Collaborative presents the musical Sound of Musicat the Silver Center in Plymouth, NH.
- Experience the Shaker legacy by attending their 4th Annual Snowshoe Festival on January 31st at the Enfield Shaker Museum. The Snowshoe Festival will include snowshoeing on the three groomed trails, dog sledding, ice skating and much more.
These are just a few of the travel packages and events in the Lakes Region in December. Visit LakesRegion.org for a complete listing.